Sotheby’s Australia: Russell Crowe – The Art of Divorce
If you didn’t see it in the news, on the 7th of April, Sotheby’s Australia auctioned the private collection of actor, film producer, director and musician, Russell Crowe, in a sale titled The Art of Divorce.
MSP Blueshift, are the IT department for Sotheby’s Australia and assisted on various technical requirements for the offsite exhibition and auction.
- Designed the overall technical solution to meet the various requirements;
- Coordinated with Carriageworks (the venue hosting the event) and their internal IT team to build the local network and provide Internet Access;
- Organised the Audio Video requirements to allow for live online bidding;
- Provided access for Russell’s team to livestream the auction to his Facebook page;
- Designed contingency solutions across all critical points of failure;
- Provided onsite technical support for the entire event.
MSP Blueshift received nothing but praise from Sotheby’s Australia, Sydney Operation Manager, David MacKay after the auction, who said:
“Never before have we had to cater for such high levels of demand for internet bidding from across the globe, with an unprecedented number of lots selling via this medium. However, I am delighted to report that the internet performed perfectly without missing a beat!”
“I’d like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank everyone at MSP Blueshift for the considerable contribution you made to the success of this auction. I have personally appreciated greatly your calmness and ‘can do’ attitude during the organisational period. Very few people will realise what is required behind the scenes to create a mobile office for so many Citrix users that on a whole worked very well. And then there was the required tech and infrastructure for the auction.”
MSP Blueshift are happy to go above and beyond to help our clients, including tailored IT solutions. If you’re looking for new IT partner, let’s talk – contact us today.